Many of the Android users using Android Kitkat 4.4.2 are found often stuck with the most nasty, battery draining and camera crushing bug “mm-qcamera-daemon”. Are you the one facing the same problem on your Android Kitkat 4.4.2 based device? Need to know How to fix mm-qcamera-daemon bug?
Before going towards the solutions, let’s first see what this bug actually is and then will proceed on How to fix mm-qcamera-daemon bugg on your Android.
The mm-qcamera-daemon is an important component of camera subsystem in Androids, and without this the camera will not even operate.This camera process is built into the Qualcomm CPU that powers the camera, but sometimes the process remains continue to run even when the camera is no longer in use or sometimes it acts nasty and gets stuck, starts draining the battery of your device like never before, using 50% of CPU and causes your device to heat up.
The camera starts malfunctioning with messages like camera has crushed and programe needs a restart, or the apps using camera like snapchat, instagram, skype etc also starts triggering and you won’t able to use them. Camera unavailable can be fixed by clearing app cache followed by a restart but to fix the CPU usage or battery drain issue you can try one or the other solution that solves your problem.
How to Fix mm-qcamera-daemon bug on Android Kitkat 4.4.2
- Restart your device and in most cases the problem is found solved temporarily and sometimes permanently.
- Uninstall camera apps like Snapchat, Instagram or Skype etc then clear system cache followed by a restart.
- Remove Camera from Home screen
- Update camera apps like Snapchat, Instagram or Skype to their latest versions
- Check for the latest installed app’s before the problem started and un-install the one you feel is the main culprit.
- For Nexus family of devices update to Android 4.4.3 version
- And the last, Reset your device to factory settings
Hope you will find one of these solutions workable for you allowing you to solve your issue. If you find “How to fix mm-qcamera-daemon bug on Android” a useful post then please like us on Facebook & follow us on Twitter, or if you still stuck with the same problem, feel free to share your experience by adding a comment below.